By Loren Davis
AN OVERT ATTACK ON SOUND DOCTRINE
1. PAT ROBERTSON’S “CHRISTIAN COALITION”-“The Evangelicals and Catholics Together: The Christian Mission in the Third Millennium has, in effect, laid the groundwork for EVANGELICALS TO SET ASIDE THEIR DISTINCTIVE DOCTRINES and unite with the Catholic Church and other religions which are coming together by 2000 A.D. (This coalition’s purpose is to give politics precedence over Bible doctrinal truth).
Robertson's political action organization, (Tom Barbaho, The United Religions Organizaton citing "Catholics and Protestants: Can We Walk Together?," Joe Maxwell, Charisma Magazine, July, 1995, p. 22. and a letter from William H. Miles, Manager, Membership Services, Christian Coalition, March 6, 1996).
2. John Avanzinni-“You know the problem with all these heresy hunters? They do not believe in a personal God. THEY BELIEVE IN A GENERAL GOD THAT LAID DOWN SOME RULES, THEN WENT ON VACATION AND SAID, YOU OPERATE BY THESE RULES.” TBN April 10, ’92. (What he is saying in essence is that the Bible can interfere with our personal relationship with God and being “led by the Spirit”. The Bible is called “THE LAW OF THE LORD”, Psa. 1).
3. Kenneth Copeland-"I DON'T PREACH DOCTRINE, I PREACH FAITH." (Kenneth Copeland, Following the Faith of Abraham I, side 2.)
IT IS NOT TRUE COPELAND DOES NOT PREACH DOCTRINE and just preaches faith. He talks about God, Jesus, the atonement, etc. These are doctrinal issues. He copies Kenneth Hagin on the Atonement. He perverts Bible doctrine. Saying Jesus was “ALL MAN” on earth means that he cannot not believe that Jesus was “GOD IN THE FLESH”, the “ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD”. HE TEACHES CHRIST DID NOT BUY OUR REDEMPTION ON THE CROSS; AND HIS SHED BLOOD DOES NOT ATONE. Anyway you look at it these are doctrinal issues.
4. Benny Hinn-“THOSE WHO ATTACK KENNETH COPELAND ARE ATTACKING THE VERY PRESENCE OF GOD.” TBN, June 8, ’92.
5. Paul Crouch-"I refuse to argue any longer with any of you out there! DON'T EVEN CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO ARGUE DOCTRINE, if you want to straighten somebody out ... criticize Ken Copeland ... or Dad Hagin. Get out of my life! I don't even want to talk to you ... I don't want to see your ugly face!"
Jan Crouch—I heard her say on TBN, “FORGET DOCTRINE, PREACH JESUS.”
II Jn 9 “He that hath not the doctrine of Christ hath not God.” The doctrine of Christ is His teachings. How is it possible to preach Jesus and disagree with His teachings? This is what the Bible calls, “another Jesus” and “another gospel”.
Mark 8:38 “Whosoever therefore shall be ASHAMED OF ME AND OF MY WORDS in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” (KJV)
6. "(Paul Crouch) Heretic hunters, these guys who spend their lives STRAIGHTENING US ALL OUT DOCTRINALLY, THEIR GONNA GO STRAIGHT TO HELL ... (Kenneth Copeland) SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT I KNOW WHO HAVE CRITICIZED, SOME OF THEM ARE DEAD RIGHT TODAY in an early grave because of it and there's more than one of 'em got cancer." (Paul Crouch with Kenneth Copeland on TBN) "Heresy Hunters" October 23, 1992)
THREATS ON THOSE WHO CONTEND FOR SOUND DOCTRINE
7. Paul Crouch-"God, WE PROCLAIM DEATH to anything or anyone that will lift a hand against this network and this ministry that belongs to You, God. In the Name of Jesus, and all the people said Amen!" (Paul Crouch, TBN, 11/7/97)
8. Paul Crouch WILL SHOOT HERESY HUNTERS (theology) if God doesn't (Praise-a-thon (Paul Crouch, TBN), 4/2/91)
9. Paul Crouch-Does not want to see THE UGLY FACES of heresy hunters (theology). (Praise-a-thon (TBN), 4/2/91)
10. "(Paul Crouch) Heretic hunters, THESE GUYS WHO SPEND THEIR LIVES STRAIGHTENING US ALL OUT DOCTRINALLY, THEIR GONNA GO STRAIGHT TO HELL ... (Kenneth Copeland) Some of the people that I know who have criticized, some of them are dead right today in an early grave because of it and there's more than one of 'em got cancer." (Paul Crouch with Kenneth Copeland on TBN)
11. Hinn-WANTS TO USE HOLY GHOST MACHINE GUN TO KILL HERESY HUNTERS. (Benny Hinn, Praise-a-thon (TBN), 11/8/90)
12. Hinn-IF YOU HAVE ATTACKED ME, YOUR CHILDREN WILL PAY FOR IT." (Benny Hinn, TBN "Heresy Hunters" October 23 1992)
13. Hinn-"There's a groups here in Califonria that thinks they are the judgement seat of Christ. Dear God in heaven, I wish I just could just ... they call it a ministry, my foot. You know I've looked for one verse in the Bible, I just can't seem to find it. One verse that said, "If you don't like 'em, kill 'em." I really wish I could find it." (Benny Hinn on "heretic hunters")
14. Hinn-"You see, frankly, that's the way I think about it. I'm sorry, I'm not exactly the normal kind of guy, you know, I'm from Israel. Sometimes I wish God would give me a Holy Ghost machine gun, I'd blow your head off." (Benny Hinn talking about "heresy hunters") Comment: first this is blasphemous. Second, Hinn is not an Israeli, he's an Arab Palestinian.
HAGIN THREATENED ANYONE WHO DISAGREED WITH HIS TEACHINGS.
15. In his book, “I Believe”, Hagin claims that, “The Lord said to me, If I give you a message for an individual, a church, or a pastor and they don’t accept it, you will not be responsible. They will be responsible. THERE WILL BE MINISTERS WHO DON’T ACCEPT IT AND WILL FALL DEAD IN THE PULPIT.” Hagin does not stop at threats, but lays claim in the same book that at least one minister has died in the pulpit two weeks from the day Hagin closed his final meeting in that church. Hagin alleges, “When I left that church I left crying. I told the pastor in the next church where I went to hold a meeting, ‘THAT MAN WILL FALL DEAD IN THE PULPIT.’ AND JUST A VERY SHORT TIME AFTER THAT HE DID. WHY” BECAUSE HE DIDN’T ACCEPT THE MESSAGE THAT GOD GAVE ME TO GIVE HIM FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT.” “What other option does a Faith follower have other than to TOTALLY ACCEPT and embrace everything Hagin and his cohorts profess without examining them with the Bible? www.intotruth.org/wof/moreno4.html
16. PAUL CROUCH-"That old rotten Sanhedrin crowd, twice dead, plucked up by the roots ... they're damned and on their way to hell and I don't think there's any redemption for them ... THE HYPOCRITES, THE HERESY HUNTERS they want to find a little mote OF ILLEGAL DOCTRINE in some Christian's eyes ... when they've got a whole fore"I say, `TO HELL WITH YOU! Get out of my life! Get out of the way! Quit blockin' God's bridges! I'm tired of this! ... This is my spirit. Oh, hallelujah!' (March-May 1991).
17. Paul Crouch-HERESY HUNTERS (THEOLOGY) ARE TO GO TO HELL. (Praise-a-thon (TBN), 4/2/91).
18. E.W. KENYON’S
INFLUENCE ON KENNETH HAGIN. Hagin got his
ideas about the Atonement from E.W. Kenyon’s book “From the Cross
to the Throne”. Copeland even
names one of his tapes after Kenyon’s, “From the Cross to the
Throne”. Investigating Kenyon’s history shows he was schooled at
Kenyon’s books have been promoted by Hagin over the years and are sold at Rhema’s book stores. Kenneth Copeland and an endless legion of his disciples around the world preach his teachings they learned through his tapes, magazine, books, and Rhema Bible Schools. These preachers virtually puppet Hagin’s messages, esteeming him as a prophet of God.
The teachings of E.W. Kenyon, Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, and Benny Hinn’s dominate every Christian TV network, Christian bookstore and Christian radio station. They men have sold hundreds of millions of tapes and books worldwide and have REDEFINED the basic doctrines of the Charismatic Movement, Pentecost and much of Christianity
19. Crouch-"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DOCTRINES AS LONG AS YOU NAME THE NAME OF JESUS, as long as you believe He died dead [sic] and was buried but came out of the tomb on Sunday morning and ascended to the Father ... I don't care about anything else! Let's join hands ... to get this gospel preached in all the world.
(When Crouch says “GET THIS GOSPEL IN ALL THE WORLD”, what does he mean by “this gospel”? The Gospel is the Bible, which contains God’s Doctrine and the Doctrine of Christ which is truth. If you are not preaching the doctrines of the Bible, YOU ARE NOT PREACHING THE GOSPEL!)
“…The rest of this stuff is what Paul the Apostle calls DUNG--HUMAN EXCREMENT! IT'S NOT WORTH ANYTHING! GET RID OF IT ... and get on with winning the lost.
Crouch is totally misquoting the scriptures. Paul didn’t call the doctrine of our Lord Jesus Christ “dung” as Crouch claims; he said he counted the “loss of all things that he may win Christ, as “dung”.
Phil 3:8 ‘Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have SUFFERED THE LOSS OF ALL THINGS, AND DO COUNT THEM BUT DUNG, that I may win Christ,” (KJV) Paul was calling the things he lost for serving Christ, dung, not Christ’s doctrine.
When Crouch says, “It’s not worth anything! Get rid of it!”, in reality he is saying preach Jesus, but GET RID OF THE BIBLE!
20. Paul Crouch-"Have you ever seen the old movie, Patton? ... He's my hero; he's my hero. Old nail-chewin', tobacco-chewin', cussin' Patton--but he read the Bible every day. I have a feelin' we'll see old General George in heaven. ... (What Crouch is saying, as long as someone reads the Bible, it doesn’t matter how he lives, he can still go to heaven).
"There's a wonderful scene in Patton ... they're tryin' to get the Third Army across the bridge in France and there's an old, dumb jackass--donkey--right there on the bridge and it's blockin' the whole convoy of troops ... General George roars up, pulls that ivory- handled revolver out ... and he shoots the donkey. ...
"There's a spiritual application here. ... I want to say to all you scribes, pharisees, heresy-hunters, all of you that are around pickin' little bits of DOCTRINAL ERROR out of everybody's eyes and dividin' the Body of Christ ... get out of God's way, STOP BLOCKIN' GOD'S BRIDGES, or God's goin' to shoot you if I don't ... let Him sort out all this DOCTRINAL DOODOO.”
Crouch calls Bible Doctrine “DOODOO”, CRAP. Can you imagine anyone disrespecting the Bible so much that they would call the Doctrine of Christ, “doodoo”, dung, or crap?
Rom 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (KJV)
THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST IS CHRIST’S TEACHINGS. HIS TEACHINGS ARE HIS DOCTRINE. It is impossible to truly preach Christ and disagree with His doctrine, Otherwise, one is just using Christ’s name as a cover to preach one’s own ideology. Call this what you may, but it is NOT Christianity!
1 Tim 6:1 “THAT THE NAME OF GOD AND HIS DOCTRINE BE NOT BLASPHEMED.” (KJV)
2 Tim 3:16 “ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (KJV)
Luke 9:54-56 “And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, YE KNOW NOT WHAT MANNER OF SPIRIT YE ARE OF. For THE SON OF MAN IS NOT COME TO DESTROY MEN'S LIVES, BUT TO SAVE THEM.”
2 Tim 2:24-25 “And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be GENTLE UNTO ALL MEN,” (KJV
1 Pet 3:16 “Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse YOUR GOOD CONVERSATION IN CHRIST.” (KJV)
2 Pet 2:7”And delivered just
2 Pet 3:11 “Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in ALL HOLY CONVERSATION and godliness,” (KJV)
THESE MEN THAT I HAVE QUOTED WILL NOT ALLOW THEIR TEACHINGS TO BE JUDGED. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THIS ISSUE?
What about the scriptures…
1 Cor 14:29 “Let the prophets speak two or three, and LET THE OTHER JUDGE.” (KJV)
I Jn 4:1 “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but TRY THE SPIRITS whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (KJV)
1 Cor 12:10 “DISCERNING OF SPIRITS” (KJV)
Luke 18:8 “I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, SHALL HE FIND FAITH ON THE EARTH?’ (KJV) (He is talking about FAITH IN THE BIBLE, because faith comes by “hearing the Word of God”).
I King 18:21 “And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And THE PEOPLE ANSWERED HIM NOT A WORD.” (KJV)
Acts 4:29 “And now, Lord, BEHOLD THEIR THREATENINGS: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,”
2 Cor 10:4-5 “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) CASTING DOWN IMAGINATIONS, and EVERY HIGH THING THAT EXALTETH ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (KJV)
Christianity has become a theological free for all. It is now vogue to use Jesus’ name and teach your own revelation no matter how it is disconnected from the rest of the scriptures. Let it be made clear, ANYTHING TAUGHT THAT DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE BIBLE AND ITS SOUND DOCTRINE IS NOT THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. IT IS NOT CHRISTIANITY!
2 Tim 4:3-4 “For THE TIME WILL COME WHEN THEY WILL NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
Rev 2:14 “But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold THE DOCTRINE OF BALAAM, who taught Balac to CAST A STUMBLINGBLOCK before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.”
II Jn 1:10 “If there come any unto you, and BRING NOT THIS DOCTRINE, RECEIVE HIM NOT INTO YOUR HOUSE, NEITHER BID HIM GOD SPEED: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”
Titus 2:7 “In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: IN DOCTRINE SHEWING UNCORRUPTNESS, gravity, sincerity,”
II Th 2:11-12 “And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should BELIEVE A LIE: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH,”
Rom 1:25 “Who CHANGED THE TRUTH OF GOD INTO A LIE, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,”
II Th 2:11-12 “And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should BELIEVE A LIE: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (KJV)
Rev 2:24 “But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which HAVE NOT KNOWN THE DEPTHS OF SATAN, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.”
Phil 1:17 “But the other of love, knowing that I AM SET FOR THE DEFENCE OF THE GOSPEL” (KJV)
Jude 1:3-4 “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that YE SHOULD EARNESTLY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH WHICH WAS ONCE DELIVERED UNTO THE SAINTS. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.” (KJV)
If the Charismatic Movement, Pentecost and Christianity do not return to sound Bible doctrine, they will soon be finished. Before long, Christianity will exist in name only, hardly resembling what the Bible teaches at all. We’re almost there now! SOUND DOCTRINE IS NO LONGER ENDURED, just like the Bible predicted.
2 John 9 “HE THAT HATH NOT THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST HATH NOT GOD
Jer 5:31 “THE PROPHETS PROPHESY FALSELY, and the priests bear rule by their means; and MY PEOPLE LOVE TO HAVE IT SO”
Note: An in depth study of these and many more issues can be found in my book, “The Paganization of Christianity”. It can be ordered off our main website: www.lorendavis.com
More articles on this same topic will be following.
(Note: You cannot access these websites by clicking on. You must type them in).
(Benny Hinn) (Jesus coming physically to
Hinn saying Jesus is physically going to be at the
www://www.intotruth.org/wof/moreno4.html (Faith Movement’s attacks on those who stand for true doctrine)
Hindu Website. God male and female: http://shaivam.org/siddhanta/maardh.html
Google: T.D. Jakes/Oneness or www.apologeticsindex.org/j11.html
A Different Gospel,
Copeland, The Force of Faith, p. 7, Reason, 8, 10, 18-19
Exceeding Growing Faith, Hagin, p. 77-85
Hagin, “Instantly Obey Your Spirit”, p. 59, 74
Hagin, The Precious Blood of Jesus, p. 7, p. 13
Hagin, Paul’s Revelation p. 19
Martin R. De Haan II, What Do we Have to Lose? p. 9, 17, (Eternal Security)
Kenneth Copeland, The Force of Righteousnes, p. 5, p. 26, 6-11 (Eternal Security)
Smith Wigglesworth, Healing, p.81 (Ten Commandments done away)
Charisma Magazine, Feb. 2003, (Rhema defrocks pastor who is against abortion)
Capps, Authority in Three Worlds, p. 100-108, 56-55
Charisma Magazine, April 2000, Jakes Oneness/Jesus Only
E.W. Kenyon, What Happened from the Cross to the Throne. (The perversion of the atonement)